Tuesday, November 23, 2010


Beware the Cares of this world

Yesturday I spent the day really enjoying the thoughts of others through their blogs. I was very tired and had a day off just cleaning, playing with baby and blogging!

But this morning I was very aware how quickly one can become sidetracked from our focus on God. So i resolved to put a link to the morning prayer and oswold chambers on my blog to remind me to do these focuses first and last.

Oh what a Good God we have. Todays Oswold reading:
"Have mercy upon us, 0 Lord, have mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly piled with contempt." Psalm 123:3

'The thing of which we have to beware is not so much damage to our belief in God as damage to our Christian temper. "Therefore take heed to thy spirit, that ye deal not treacherously." The temper of mind is tremendous in its effects, it is the enemy that penetrates right into the soul and distracts the mind from God.'
I do not really want to get into the ins and outs of Bishop Pete's statements but alongside the covenant and the Pope's decision about condoms and so much more I do question how useful it is to be aware of what is happening in the world and have an opinion on it.

No comments: