Sunday, January 31, 2010

When we were studying the messianic message of the gospel (I suppose that is what it would be) we discovered that the law is not as dead as we might have been taught or rather, as we have not been taught the law, we are not in a position to understand the blessing that the law is to us and rather than it being dead it is made alive through Christ who has made its meaning live rather than being a dead law that kills.

I know that I could be hung drawn and quartered for this thought but the truth is that though I do not know the law or practice it I do understand that if I learnt it, it would be a blessing to me rather than a dead instrument that would lead me to know that I am in sin.

I am leaving this post at that as this is such an essential part of my learning that it would be spoilt to add anything else.

No comments: