Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Neil Diamonds 'Pretty Amazing Grace' is a song used at this evenings bible study for christians in our village. The evening brought me to a point where I felt Gods amazing grace and knew that thought I may feel inadequate God loves and that is that. It is his story in my life and the hope and grace he gives that draws me on and offers peace and resurrection.

It is interesting that for me this does not come only in some after life dream but in the doing of Gods will in my life here and now.
I can honestly say I am one of those who finds the idea of heaven a bit remote and the idea of salvation and the promise of eternal life uninspiring. Perhaps this is fatally wrong of me and I will be repremanded later on in life. But I know that the call of God in my present day is so strong and that the desire I have to discover God in my life so real that I actually find that enough for me.

I hate being corny but I think very often Christians are! just like when you say 'I love you' to your partner. It maybe cheesy but somehow there are no other words that hit the spot and sometimes you just have to say it like it is.

No comments: