Saturday, January 15, 2011

Today I have been reflecting on the churches here in UK. I have been wondering what words each would feel they could use to describe themselves as this time very generally.

For example the church of england may well be described as searching to be forming a foundation of unity globally.

However I do not think that this would be what the man on the street would say. So I have been thinking more locally and perhaps that feel is a general national thing too.

So for the Baptist I wrote : trying to enthuse and excite keeping Scripture and Spirit Central.

For the church of england I wrote: reflecting Scripture and Logic. Which I realised is not far different from the three fold statement used to describe the church which I cant remember now who wrote it. But it is Tradition, Scripture and Logic.

No comments: