Sunday, July 25, 2010

Todays readings


Blessed are the poor, Susan Peterson

'I see my need and humbly seek Your face.
Show me Your mercy; all my cares erase.'


I find these words strange in todays psalm 126
'Those who sow in tears will reap in joy.'

They remind me of Jesus teaching in Matt 5


3"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God.
10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

No comments: