Monday, July 20, 2009

"Spirituality has to do with our experiencing of God and with the transformation of our consciousness and our lives as outcomes of that experience" - Richard O'Brien, in Catholicism, p. 1058

transforming

What are the ways in which I find my life continuing to be transformed because of the experience I have of God?

At the moment I find this difficult. But as the months go on I hope that I will find windows where the light is beginning to shine through because at the moment the more I rub the dirty glass I find I am just smudging the dirt in more. Maybe I need a new cloth but I am just not sure what will work.

This has helped me to realise that I am not patient. If one thing does not work I do not work at it or methodically try things out. I just give up and wait for something to come along that does work and for that dirt to rub out on its own.

I need discipline.
I need discipline.

No comments: