Monday, August 16, 2010

This article was posted in the Guardian

'last week's announcement that Anne Rice was to "quit being a Christian" while remaining committed to Christ made me smile. Rice made the annoucement on Facebook:

"In the name of Christ, I refuse to be anti-gay. I refuse to be anti-feminist. I refuse to be anti-artificial birth control. I refuse to be anti-Democrat. I refuse to be anti-secular humanism. I refuse to be anti-science. I refuse to be anti-life. In the name of Christ, I quit Christianity and being Christian. Amen"

Amen indeed. Reading her statement, I felt a wave of smug pleasure reserved for those who feel they've been proven right'

People seem so confused about faith, religion, doctrine etc.

shame. I wonder what angered her enough to break out in such a way. She must be feeling very insecure spiritually and I pray that she does hold on to Christ. That in holding onto Christ she finds all that she desires.

No comments: