Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Reflecting this morning I recognise that I feel sad and disappointed in the Disciples of old. I feel that they did not do a good job in laying down the teachings of Jesus.
I feel that Jesus gave them a command which is also given to us but it is not an easy command to obey as we are at a loss, I feel, to understand wholly the teachings of Jesus.

I must study more and I pray the Holy Spirit will teach me and guide me.

Todays Morning Prayer - psalm 119 helps me realise that it is the attitude of our heart, the mind of our soul and the obedience of our selves that the love of Christ is known in our lives.

O deal with your servant according to your faithful love.

105Your word is a lantern to my feet •
and a light upon my path.

106I have sworn and will fulfil it, •
to keep your righteous judgements.

107I am troubled above measure; •
give me life, O Lord, according to your word.

108Accept the freewill offering of my mouth, O Lord, •
and teach me your judgements. R

109My soul is ever in my hand, •
yet I do not forget your law.

110The wicked have laid a snare for me, •
but I have not strayed from your commandments.

111Your testimonies have I claimed as my heritage for ever; •
for they are the very joy of my heart.

112I have applied my heart to fulfil your statutes: •
always, even to the end. R

113I hate those who are double-minded, •
but your law do I love.

114You are my hiding place and my shield •
and my hope is in your word.

No comments: