Monday, February 22, 2010

Morning Prayer
Psalms 71; Genesis 41.25-45; Galatians 3.23-4.7

Evening Prayer
Psalms 12, 13; Jeremiah 4.19-end; John 5.1-18


The psalm this morning I could claim as my own. It struck me that we can call to God for protection and to be saved and to be given life. I so often feel that I should not be selfish to ask these things as they may not be God's will and I should first seek his will. But here David crys out
'O God, you have taught me from my earliest childhood,
and I constantly tell others about the wonderful things you do.
18 Now that I am old and gray,
do not abandon me, O God.'

It is such an amazing psalm.


'God sent him to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law, so that he could adopt us as his very own children.'

I am reminded of John 2. In the Temple Jesus showed his anger at the Temple system by up turning the tables of money changers and drove out those who sold doves.

Christ became our coinage and so I can imagine seeing the act of Scriptural Repentance become a system I can understand his anger and recognition that he needed to disturb peoples thinking about all this. I am sure he knew this final task that God had placed him here to die as the final sacrifice of mankind that we may gain full understanding of life and God and be free to know God fully.

No comments: