Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Psalm 139 (Contempory English Version) (CEV)

The LORD Is Always Near

1 You have looked deep into my heart, LORD, and you know all about me.
2 You know when I am resting or when I am working, and from heaven you discover my thoughts.
3 You notice everything I do and everywhere I go
4 Before I even speak a word, you know what I will say,
5 and with your powerful arm you protect me from every side.
6 I can't understand all of this! Such wonderful knowledge is far above me
[...]
14 and I praise you because of the wonderful way you created me. Everything you do is marvelous! Of this I have no doubt.
15 Nothing about me is hidden from you! I was secretly woven together deep in the earth below,
16 but with your own eyes you saw my body being formed. Even before I was born, you had written in your book everything I would do.
17 Your thoughts are far beyond my understanding, much more than I could ever imagine.
[...]
23 Look deep into my heart, God, and find out everything I am thinking.
24 Don't let me follow evil ways, but lead me in the way that time has proven true.

No comments: