Friday, November 24, 2006

Predestination

Ephesians 1:14
'who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory'.

I don't want to go down the full discussion of this topic about predestination, but I am sure that God has a plan to draw us all back to himself. It just seems to me very remote sometimes how.

It is as if the great plan is marked out in such a comlex way we need Jesus to come and reveal it all to us individually. I think I am jealous of the disciples to whom he came to after his resurrection! Perhaps we are all able to have a place in that plan and be a part of it but some of us just fail to get it?

I do feel strongly that some how that in acting and being part of it we become a very full and whole person somehow finding parts of ourselves that are otherwise not fulfilled.

good ol wiki:
Predestination is the Divine foreordaining or foreknowledge of all that will happen; with regard to the salvation of some and not others. It has been particularly associated with the teachings of St. Augustine of Hippo and of John Calvin. well these two may have been great thinkers and theologians but Christ they were not so I think I will put the issue of predestination aside until Christ guides me!


oh gosh it is such a big debate though!

No comments: