Tuesday, September 14, 2010


simplicity in obedience
An interesting devotion from Oswald Chambers really made me smile within today.

' You cannot think through spiritual confusion to make things clear; to make things clear, you must obey. ' Arguments or Obedience Sep14 2010the simplicity that is in Christ. —2 Corinthians 11:3'

This made me smile because this is certainly one of the things that forges me onwards on this path towards ordination. When I am resisting the simplicity disappears and confusion enters. It does not matter that the path towards ordination is troublesome and complex as we have moved house so often or that we have had a baby or that asher has been through Cancer and by the grace of God coming through chemo and radio and operations.

All these complexities are zero in comparison to the complexities of resisting the call I feel God is drawing me to obey. And when I give in and obey I have a reassurance that all else will work out especially with a God who is in control.

No comments: